Arundle Mediation Solutions – Resolving Workplace Conflict
Mediation can be used to resolve conflict involving colleagues of a similar job or grade. Or between a line manager and their staff. It can also be used, exceptionally, where there is conflict between teams. As well as conflicts between a trade union or groups of employees and management.
Mediation can be used at any stage in the conflict as long as any ongoing formal procedures are put in abeyance. Or where mediation is a stage in the procedures themselves. It can be used before a formal grievance has been identified. It can be used after a formal dispute has been resolved to rebuild relationships.
Mediation can be used to address a range of issues including relationship breakdown, personality clashes, communication problems, bullying and harassment.
As an external mediator I provide neutral, confidential mediation techniques to find facts. I can help you to resolve workplace conflict by:
- Providing an unbiased and impartial facilitation to be better able to engage with individuals or groups.
- Achieving results by understanding the root causes of problems.
- Respond quickly to address issues and avoid loss of productivity and a fall in morale.
- Neutralising conflict and avoiding the need for costly formal conflict resolution.
- Help to retain and motivate your most valuable asset – your employees.
Workplace conflict – The costs
- The risk of time-consuming formal proceedings such as grievances and employment tribunal claims.
- Sickness absence costs as the individuals concerned take time off to deal personally with the effects of the conflict.
- Management time being diverted to dealing with the conflict instead of focusing on managing the business.
- Staff turnover and re-recruitment and re-training costs, where conflict leads to the departure of those affected from the organisation.
- Lower staff morale leading to less commitment to exerting discretionary effort, leading to lower productivity.
About Arundle Mediation Solutions
With over 25 years in generalist HR and workforce development, Arundle Mediation Solutions offers an in-depth understanding of people and the working environment.
Arundle Mediation Solutions has experience as a personal coach and is a trained ACAS mediator. This means I can help you achieve solutions and a productive workplace environment.
Arundle Mediation Solutions experience and customer focused approach can help you tailor interventions. This will help you to resolve specific situations. Or I can work with you to explore ways to reduce the number of formal disputes within your organisation.
Arundle Mediation Solutions has been set up to provide hands on pragmatic help to any organisations experiencing workplace conflict.